Monday 4 October 2010

Back to the Guard, Manticore WIP pics

Enough with the orky shenanigans already! People will start wondering what this blog is all about. Now that the tournament frenzy is over I can get back to my Imperial Guard. I've been thinking about a new list for the Warbands league (I will explain what this is in another post) and I have to keep painting my army. Haven't really done any work for more than a month. Eleven vehicles aren't just  going to paint themselves (plus all the infantry I still need to do) so I have to get back in the habit. My main priority now is to build my psykers since I am proxying them using Necrons at the moment and it's just not pretty.

So, the last thing I bothered painting was my Manticore. It took me ages because I decided to do the missile using the old fashioned way of edge highlighting. I figured that they shouldn't look too weathered since bumping them around wouldn't have been a good idea if they were real. It took me a very long time to finish them but I am happy with the result. Larger than life picture so you can appreciate the work. Rest of the vehicle has is still on the colour modulation stage so it looks more like a CAD design than a real tank. Further weathering will fix that.  So here is a couple of WIP pictures. I hope you like them.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I think the effort you put in with the missiles is definitely worth it, they've come up well. I'll look forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks mate!
    Well I am glad I did put the effort now but I could have spent all that time painting more stuff. But quality is better than quantity I guess so I will take my time to finish the Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that's looking pretty sweet. Love the detailing on the missiles. Can't wait to see this finished off

    ReplyDelete