Friday 28 October 2011

Necrons Showcase

My Necron (Over)lord, had so much fun with this guy and his veil of darkness.
All this talk about the new Necrons got me really really excited. Can't wait to see some proper pictures of the new units with the preorders tomorrow. I've been playing with 'crons for quite a  long time now you see (2003) and I've been waiting for a new codex for years. Here is a little showcase of the Necron models I've already fully painted. 











Okay, this one isn't even painted and it lacks the portal but I got it for free so I shouldn't complain.
Not much variety, I know. It's hard to give each Necron unit a distinct flavour though while trying to keep the paint scheme coherent all over the army at the same time. These guys were painted a a few years back. They may not seem too good however it was the first army I painted with full edge highlights. I was  quite proud of it back then but now it looks a bit sub par. Well, I'll have the chance to paint the  new units with the painting skills I've acquired over the intervening years. 

I was kinda afraid that the units I already have would become obsolete with the new codex. This is partly true if you consider the current rumours. Immortals have now become Troops (so maybe better than Warriors for this role) and Destroyers don't look that good. Who knows, I'll have to wait for a couple of weeks to get the codex in my hands to be certain. I would probably have to buy some of  the new vehicles though. 

So, what do you guys think of my ol'necron army? Are you as excited as I am for the new release? 

3 comments:

  1. I like them! You must be a fan of those snow bases ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! Well, snow makes grey bases look less boring I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may not be your best work, but they're still solidly done. Don't forget that they're quite simple models mainly. The snow bases work really well as well.

    ReplyDelete