Monday 27 September 2010

A change of heart

I've been having second thoughts about the ork list I am going to use on the Greek GT (Fantasy Shop Fair). I want to make some minor changes but I am still not sure if I should just stick with the original plan.

First of all, my mood seems to change faster than a menstruating chipmunk's. I was really excited about starting to paint the  Battlewagon and the Meganob last night. After I undercoated them (and had a few drinks) I realised I just can't be bothered with them at the time being. I  know how this is going to end up. Frantically trying to finish the painting on Friday night which will result to not enough sleep for the followings days tournament. I don't want to go there again (and again and again...).

I just want to stick with models I have (or I can borrow) for the moment. Also after playing the mini tournament on Saturday I realised that fast vehicles are going to be my bane. Even if they don't actually kill my Battlewagons, I will not be able to catch them all game long so they will deny their kill point (and their passengers) or deny an objective at the last turns. I need to include some shooting that takes out small fast vehicles and Lootas are ideal for this job. So the revised list I am thinking of using is:

HQ: Thraka, Big Mek (KFF, Boss Pole)

Elites: 10 Burnas, 2 x 6 Lootas

Troops: 2 x 19 Boys with Nob (Power Klaw, Boss Pole), 10 Grotz with Runtherd, 5 Meganobz (2 Combi-Scorcha, Combi-Rokkit) inside a Battlewagon (Boardin' Plank , Red Paint, Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Shoota) 

Heavy Support: Battlewagon (Red Paint, Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Shoota),Battlewagon (Boardin' Plank , Red Paint, Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Shoota),Battlewagon (Boardin' Plank , Red Paint, Armour Plates, Deff Rolla, Shoota)

Grotz are there to contest objectives only. Just put these little guys in reserve and pray that they turn up late enough and claim something. If I am playing Kill Points they will just spend the game behind some LoS blocking terrain just trying to stay alive.

Any thoughts about the new list? Worse or better than the previous one. I could really use some help here. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I like the list, Burnas and Meganobs are going to be very effective, particularly when delivered in battlewagons supported by the good old KFF and Ghaz! The Lootas give decent fire support to pop some transports and give the burnas something soft to toast. Finally Grotz in cover are a reasonably hard target to kill at range and can be good home base objective holders, besides your opponent will have bigger things to worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! I wish I could be as positive when I give you guys my opinion. Unfortunately it's really hard for me to give praise for something but I am too fast to criticize :P

    Glad you like the list. I figured I would need the Lootas since I will probably going to be facing a few Mech armies in the tournament. Will just cross my fingers and pray that they won't run away after they suffer a few casualties :P

    ReplyDelete